Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Thanks Tom et al.......
08-06-2010, 12:22 PM
Thanks Tom et al.......
THANKS for NEWR and all your inputs, charts, questions and answers.

Mrs T. / friends / ex-colleagues will testify that I am argumenatative by nature BUT I only do it when I rate the views of the people I am arguing with. So it follows that I must really rate Tom and his NEWR. Angel

If I question your count it's because I would expect you to do the same to me if you thought it might be wrong.

It must be blatantly obvious to all who read my posts that I am a theoretician by training, just happens to be Theoretical Physics.

I come from a background where betting was considered a major part of everyday life - I went to my first greyhound race meeting before I was born.Rolleyes

Apart from one research project I was involved in, I can honestly say that NEWR is more tailor made to my way of thinking, than anything else I have ever come across.

Detailed study of data, apply the rules, assess the possibilities, form a view, calculate the risk, assess the reward and then trade or not.

Only just returned to trading and this happens today, almost as if it were scripted................

A bit scary if you are trained to be sceptical!

Never was a heretic but certainly proud to be a sceptic.

cheers theory
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-06-2010, 03:20 PM
RE: Thanks Tom et al.......
(08-06-2010 12:22 PM)theoryman Wrote:  THANKS for NEWR and all your inputs, charts, questions and answers.

Mrs T. / friends / ex-colleagues will testify that I am argumenatative by nature BUT I only do it when I rate the views of the people I am arguing with. So it follows that I must really rate Tom and his NEWR. Angel

If I question your count it's because I would expect you to do the same to me if you thought it might be wrong.

It must be blatantly obvious to all who read my posts that I am a theoretician by training, just happens to be Theoretical Physics.

I come from a background where betting was considered a major part of everyday life - I went to my first greyhound race meeting before I was born.Rolleyes

Apart from one research project I was involved in, I can honestly say that NEWR is more tailor made to my way of thinking, than anything else I have ever come across.

Detailed study of data, apply the rules, assess the possibilities, form a view, calculate the risk, assess the reward and then trade or not.

Only just returned to trading and this happens today, almost as if it were scripted................

A bit scary if you are trained to be sceptical!

Never was a heretic but certainly proud to be a sceptic.

cheers theory

You are very welcome, TM.

By "this happens today" I gather you were referring to your FTSE analysis working out.

Smile

TS Hennessy
08-06-2010, 04:48 PM
Tom

Many thanks from me also. I have been a member of the forum for a while now now but not posted - I prefer to absorb information before commenting. Today Theory was trading the ftse, SED the dax and me the dow. We were all cross referencing our different counts and it was a wonderful few minutes when all the counts came together today at the time of the NFP announcement. We all ended up short with a minimal risk trade for todays drop. As an added bonus I even got to go long for the ride up. I still find myself assuming a count is complete before all the evidence is in but when I do get it right it is great. Theory has been an enormous help in translating newr into practice and his questioning mind is truly of benefit to eveyone.

Many thanks again

USs
08-07-2010, 12:42 AM
Theory,

Physics eh? I knew this would be up your street. As a former Zoologist I'm used to pattern forming based on morphology or should we say the world of guidelines and alternate counts. However genome mapping promises to change this and we may find we are but one rtb so to speak away from being chimpanzees. The Dax did indeed have one more trick up it's sleeve but by then I was looking down as well and when I shorted what could have been 5 of C it just kept going.
Returning to Zoology I have trouble believing in absolutes because something may be set in stone for centuries such as taxonomy when the Platypus comes along and using guidelines to classify it you hit a wall when something has warm blood, a beak, lays eggs but has fur - So centuries of people's earnest research is binned and science starts again.
My Dax count has served me well of late and the fall was expected, however I am aware of stray Platipii out there and wave C bottoms may turn out to be wave A bottoms just as a wave 5 pivot may turn out to be a wave 3 pivot. Still I made good coin yesterday and welcome to Upstreamdave who rightly pointed out the possibility of a Platypus at around the day's lows.

Finally thanks to Tom, without whom we would be backing our judgment at far greater risk than we do now.

Dan