Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Inside the RTB 4th
02-28-2010, 07:22 AM
Inside the RTB 4th
I'm probably not alone in trying to code pattern recognition software alongside NEWR.

This question is just about clearing up some fine detail within the RTB itself.

The retrending B has 3 subwaves, let's refer to them as a, b and c.

If the a subwave retrends in its own right, does the c subwave always retrend even further than the a subwave did?

cheers theory
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-28-2010, 08:00 AM
RE: Inside the RTB 4th
That's the same as asking "does 5 always exceed 4?" I'm not the expert here, but I have not read about a new rule that disallows 5 to truncate.
02-28-2010, 08:34 AM (This post was last modified: 02-28-2010 08:59 AM by theoryman.)
(02-28-2010 08:00 AM)ruby Wrote:  That's the same as asking "does 5 always exceed 4?" I'm not the expert here, but I have not read about a new rule that disallows 5 to truncate.

Ruby,
I am not asking about the endings of the 4th and 5th, hence at this stage I don't see why it's the same question as you have posted.

I am asking about the internal structure of the B in the 4th before even the C of the 4th has formed, never mind the 5th.

The only limitations that apply to the RTB that I am aware of, is that the end of B must finish beyond the end of the 3rd.

As I see it these are the possibilities:

a doesn't retrend therefore c must do.

a does retrend and c retrends even more.

a does retrend and c retrends to the same level.

a does retrend and c retrends as well but less than a did. This last case would still place the end of B beyond the end of the 3rd. [If it is an allowable possibility, then there will be a follow up question.]

cheers theory
02-28-2010, 08:55 AM (This post was last modified: 02-28-2010 08:57 AM by finster869.)
(02-28-2010 08:00 AM)ruby Wrote:  That's the same as asking "does 5 always exceed 4?" I'm not the expert here, but I have not read about a new rule that disallows 5 to truncate.

The e-book says that 5 can't truncate.....there are no longer any "failed" waves (see page 34 of e-book).
02-28-2010, 08:59 AM
(02-28-2010 07:22 AM)theoryman Wrote:  I'm probably not alone in trying to code pattern recognition software alongside NEWR.

This question is just about clearing up some fine detail within the RTB itself.

The retrending B has 3 subwaves, let's refer to them as a, b and c.

If the a subwave retrends in its own right, does the c subwave always retrend even further than the a subwave did?

cheers theory

This only my understanding....I have nothing to back it up, but I think "yes", the end point of the B wave (that c of b) should be the highest price level for the trend.
02-28-2010, 09:00 AM
We're both talking about the c-wave of the retrending b. The "retrend in its own right" would be in (iv) of that c-wave. with only (v) of that c-wave still to come. Draw it, and you'll see that we're talking about the same thing.
02-28-2010, 09:11 AM (This post was last modified: 02-28-2010 09:12 AM by theoryman.)
(02-28-2010 08:55 AM)finster869 Wrote:  

The e-book says that 5 can't truncate.....there are no longer any "failed" waves (see page 34 of e-book).

finster

Unless I am reading it totally wrongly P34 says 5ths can truncate, it's only the failures that no longer exist. ( The 3 possibilities in EWT being fail, truncate or exceed.)

It's the A wave before the RTB that isn't even allowed to truncate, its 5th subwave must exceed the end of its 3rd subwave.

Now can we get this thread back to the original question? LOL.

cheers theory
02-28-2010, 09:14 AM
(02-28-2010 09:11 AM)theoryman Wrote:  
(02-28-2010 08:55 AM)finster869 Wrote:  

finster

Unless I am reading it totally wrongly P34 says 5ths can truncate, it's only the failures that no longer exist. ( The 3 possibilities in EWT being fail, truncate or exceed.)

It's the A wave before the RTB that isn't even allowed to truncate, its 5th subwave must exceed the end of its 3rd subwave.

Now can we get this thread back to the original question? LOL.

cheers theory

My Bad....you are definitely correct. I read it the same way. No failures, but can end up at the same price level.
02-28-2010, 09:30 AM
(02-28-2010 09:00 AM)ruby Wrote:  We're both talking about the c-wave of the retrending b. The "retrend in its own right" would be in (iv) of that c-wave. with only (v) of that c-wave still to come. Draw it, and you'll see that we're talking about the same thing.

Ruby,

This is what I am talking about, I still can't see that we are talking about the same thing.

The four possibilities are in there but in no particular order - bit pushed for time.

cheers theory
02-28-2010, 09:31 AM
Gee, theory, could you just stop modifying your older posts. :-)))) You're getting me all confused here.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Inside the ABC of the RTB move. theoryman 1 1,906 01-24-2010 12:41 PM
Last Post: TS Hennessy