Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Questions about the New Elliot Wave
05-05-2015, 01:02 AM
Questions about the New Elliot Wave
Hello, I am an Elliot Wave enthusiast, And I just read your discovery, It was remarkable, I am not kidding I spilled my coffee accidentally when I was backtracking it.

But I stumbled at some places, So I have some questions,

1) Where do we start counting the "A of 4th", Right after the first consolidation we have after 3rd wave, wave 3 is supposed to be the largest, but in some of your example it contradicts the basic E.W.T rules.

2) Is there any Fibonacci relationship of some sort between the newly identified waves?

3) what are the characteristics of the different waves (for example 'A of 4th is supposed to be corrective or 'B of 4th is supposed to be impulsive in nature etc)?

4) are we supposed to "expand" the 4th in the internal waves like "'B of 4th" as well, Because it kinda gets the whole labeling in the loop.

5) If we are using very short time frame chart, say 5 minutes or 3 minutes, So are we supposed to expand wave iv and apply The New Elliot Wave rules in the 5th wave, Which is usually just like 3 bar.

I totally loved your discovery, I am sorry for asking so many questions, And I think I speak for everyone who has read your work when I say that we can't thank you enough for sharing your work with everyone Smile

Thanks a lot
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-05-2015, 12:45 PM
RE: Questions about the New Elliot Wave
(05-05-2015 01:02 AM)Neil Wrote:  Hello, I am an Elliot Wave enthusiast, And I just read your discovery, It was remarkable, I am not kidding I spilled my coffee accidentally when I was backtracking it.

1) Where do we start counting the "A of 4th", Right after the first consolidation we have after 3rd wave, wave 3 is supposed to be the largest, but in some of your example it contradicts the basic E.W.T rules.
The answer will sound 'cute' but it is the only answer, sorry...
A of 4 begins at the terminus of 3 (regardless of whether inside a 5th or C)

You have the wave 3 rule slightly misquoted...
"Wave 3 can never be the shortest of the three impulse waves".
Quote:2) Is there any Fibonacci relationship of some sort between the newly identified waves?
No doubt there is. From my observations there are innumerable relationships in play. From these comes my opinion that it is not possible to even enumerate the possibilities let alone find a predictability.
Quote:3) what are the characteristics of the different waves (for example 'A of 4th is supposed to be corrective or 'B of 4th is supposed to be impulsive in nature etc)?
I find that the A of RTB 4th's is frequently sharp or simple and the C of same is typically complex. They don't have to be.

I find that the 3rd nested 4th of an RTB 4th's B wave will typically get a speed change (moving further in price in less time) that dramatically overclocks the others in the nested sequence. Again it doesn't have to.

The speed change is the market's mechanism for variability. Despite the technical analysis educational information there are not thousands of formations, only 3, Motive, traditional Corrective and RTB or "running" Corrective.

Mapping the speed changes is what I do now as the focal point in the setup phase of my trading system.
Quote:4) are we supposed to "expand" the 4th in the internal waves like "'B of 4th" as well, Because it kinda gets the whole labeling in the loop.
I think I only have a glimpse of what you are asking so I'll have to ask you to give that one another go.
Quote:5) If we are using very short time frame chart, say 5 minutes or 3 minutes, So are we supposed to expand wave iv and apply The New Elliot Wave rules in the 5th wave, Which is usually just like 3 bar.
Again I do not follow however everything is fractal and aside from lack of detail in a given bar there are no differences in application on different timeframes. You just always must get the full detail required which, being not always possible, can be a conundrum.
Quote:I totally loved your discovery, I am sorry for asking so many questions, And I think I speak for everyone who has read your work when I say that we can't thank you enough for sharing your work with everyone Smile

Thanks a lot

Thank you. I am glad you liked it.

Smile

TS Hennessy
05-05-2015, 01:45 PM
(05-05-2015 12:45 PM)TS Hennessy Wrote:  
(05-05-2015 01:02 AM)Neil Wrote:  Hello, I am an Elliot Wave enthusiast, And I just read your discovery, It was remarkable, I am not kidding I spilled my coffee accidentally when I was backtracking it.

The answer will sound 'cute' but it is the only answer, sorry...
A of 4 begins at the terminus of 3 (regardless of whether inside a 5th or C)

You have the wave 3 rule slightly misquoted...
"Wave 3 can never be the shortest of the three impulse waves".
Quote:2) Is there any Fibonacci relationship of some sort between the newly identified waves?
No doubt there is. From my observations there are innumerable relationships in play. From these comes my opinion that it is not possible to even enumerate the possibilities let alone find a predictability.
Quote:3) what are the characteristics of the different waves (for example 'A of 4th is supposed to be corrective or 'B of 4th is supposed to be impulsive in nature etc)?
I find that the A of RTB 4th's is frequently sharp or simple and the C of same is typically complex. They don't have to be.

I find that the 3rd nested 4th of an RTB 4th's B wave will typically get a speed change (moving further in price in less time) that dramatically overclocks the others in the nested sequence. Again it doesn't have to.

The speed change is the market's mechanism for variability. Despite the technical analysis educational information there are not thousands of formations, only 3, Motive, traditional Corrective and RTB or "running" Corrective.

Mapping the speed changes is what I do now as the focal point in the setup phase of my trading system.
Quote:4) are we supposed to "expand" the 4th in the internal waves like "'B of 4th" as well, Because it kinda gets the whole labeling in the loop.
I think I only have a glimpse of what you are asking so I'll have to ask you to give that one another go.
Quote:5) If we are using very short time frame chart, say 5 minutes or 3 minutes, So are we supposed to expand wave iv and apply The New Elliot Wave rules in the 5th wave, Which is usually just like 3 bar.
Again I do not follow however everything is fractal and aside from lack of detail in a given bar there are no differences in application on different timeframes. You just always must get the full detail required which, being not always possible, can be a conundrum.
Quote:I totally loved your discovery, I am sorry for asking so many questions, And I think I speak for everyone who has read your work when I say that we can't thank you enough for sharing your work with everyone Smile

Thanks a lot

Thank you. I am glad you liked it.

Smile

Thanks for replying T S, I think I got the idea behind between your discovery, I spent the whole day trying to make sense with EWT and NEWR combined, So far I know how to use them in impulse, But I am having some difficulties in the correction section, Like Flat, 3-3-5 sructures as well, I am trying to get your concept with the examples on your website, which are thoroughly explained.

Thanks for taking some time out for replying to these threads, I think I have figured out the questions as well.

Thanks for your help Smile
05-06-2015, 11:04 PM
There is a reason you may have trouble with applying EW including NEWR in what is commonly but erroneously labled a 3-3-5.

That reason is there is no actual formation with a correct count which would be 3-3-5.

Look around here as this has been discussed.

Smile

TS Hennessy