Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Labeling Correctives
06-01-2012, 09:52 AM
Labeling Correctives
I read NEWR book awhile ago and now came back to it, trying to understand more, as besides a new discovery, there are other new points in labeling waves. I am not an expert in EW principal, however, had studied it for a while in the past.
Let me just clarify in this post only one point. There are a few labeled charts in the book and I noted that corrective waves are labeled one degree lower than motives. Say, an example GBP/JPY M5. Main motives are labeled at SM degree (i-v) and main corrective are labeled at Mc (.A, .B and .C), which is one degree lower. I understand that we can label waves in more details, however, question is - there are correctives (a, b, c in this example) at the current degree?
I appreciate any responds.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-02-2012, 01:32 PM
RE: Labeling Correctives
Sashok, a correction is always on the same degree as the motive which it is correcting. The labeling will be according to this. Yes, if you look at the degree label chart you see there are 2 columns on the same degree. But this is applied in a manner which handles the fractals above and below the current degree.

So for your example of SM degree, the motive wave i has a correction which is labeled ii and motive iii will have its corrective labeled iv and so on.

When the sub-waves which make up the wave ii correction would be labeled then the .A, .B and .C of Mc degree would be used. These are one degree smaller than the wave ii correction because they are the building blocks of the wave ii.

The a, b and c labels of SM degree would only be applied to the sub-waves of Mnut degree corrections (waves 2 and 4).

3kings

06-02-2012, 08:44 PM
RE: Labeling Correctives
3kings, Thank you for reply.