Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Wave degrees and associated time
10-26-2011, 03:01 PM
Wave degrees and associated time
Hey all,

Question topic 1)

When looking at the Wave Degrees chart and trying to match labels with the stated timeframes, does the stated time apply to a whole 1,2,3,4,5,A,B,C cycle?

Or, does the time frame apply to each wave in that cycle?

Take the Minuette degree for example:

Would it take Weeks to Months for a complete 1,2,3,4,5,A,B,C sequence or weeks to months for each wave in the cycle i.e. the 1?

Question topic 2)

It seems that the wave 5s seem to take proportionally more time than the rest of the waves. Should the stated timeframes be applied to only a certain wave or group of waves in the sequence?

i.e. Minuette 1-3 should take Weeks to Months

or Minuette 5 should take weeks to months
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-26-2011, 06:15 PM
RE: Wave degrees and associated time
My understanding, from prior discussion, is that the general time span applies to each wave, not the whole cycle. I think Tom intended the time spans given to be general guidelines.

My general observation is that waves 3, 5, A, C, RTB 4 tend to be large; and that 1,2, non-retrending B, non-RTB 4 tend to be small.

Also, due to the fractal nature of the waves, and the fact that they tend to not all be the same size; a 3 that in inside a higher degree 3 will be larger than a 3 that is inside a higher degree 1.

I started to examine wave size last year using the S&P 500. Counts were based on what I could see from charts Tom had posted, with my counts filling in.

For Minuette data I entered data into a spreadsheet covering the time period from 3/6/09 to 9/21/10. There were 85 waves during the period.
Based on my observations, I grouped them into 3 size groups based on their wave count (12345ABC) and based on what which Minor degree wave (2 degrees up) it was a part of.
The 3 price groups were:
Small = Mnut 1 2 B in Mnr 1 2
Medium = Mnut 3 4 5 A C in Mnr 1 2 B;
________Mnut 1 2 B in Mnr 3 4 5
Large = Munt 3 4 5 A C in Mnr 3 4 5

‘typical point range’ and ‘typical hour range’ as listed below are based on the group average +/- 1 standard deviation.

Small price group typical point range is 1 to 13, median is 5; typical hour range is 0 to 2.4 hrs, median is 0.2 hrs.
Median price group typical point range is 4 to 45, median is 18; typical hour range is 0.2 to 30.4 hrs, median is 1.8 hrs.
Large price group typical point range is 8 to 120, median is 43; typical hour range is 1 to 232 hrs, median is 21 hrs.

What I noticed was that there were differences between the groups; and that there was more variation in time, than price; and more variation in the large wave price group compared to the others.

This may give you some sense of the size variation based on whether a wave is a 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, A, B, or C.
10-28-2011, 10:56 PM
RE: Wave degrees and associated time
Thanks Perry. That is good info. and I bet it took you a while to compile it. This should help me picture the 'big picture' when asking myself, "Does this look right?"

(10-26-2011 06:15 PM)Perry Wrote:  My understanding, from prior discussion, is that the general time span applies to each wave, not the whole cycle. I think Tom intended the time spans given to be general guidelines.

My general observation is that waves 3, 5, A, C, RTB 4 tend to be large; and that 1,2, non-retrending B, non-RTB 4 tend to be small.

Also, due to the fractal nature of the waves, and the fact that they tend to not all be the same size; a 3 that in inside a higher degree 3 will be larger than a 3 that is inside a higher degree 1.

I started to examine wave size last year using the S&P 500. Counts were based on what I could see from charts Tom had posted, with my counts filling in.

For Minuette data I entered data into a spreadsheet covering the time period from 3/6/09 to 9/21/10. There were 85 waves during the period.
Based on my observations, I grouped them into 3 size groups based on their wave count (12345ABC) and based on what which Minor degree wave (2 degrees up) it was a part of.
The 3 price groups were:
Small = Mnut 1 2 B in Mnr 1 2
Medium = Mnut 3 4 5 A C in Mnr 1 2 B;
________Mnut 1 2 B in Mnr 3 4 5
Large = Munt 3 4 5 A C in Mnr 3 4 5

‘typical point range’ and ‘typical hour range’ as listed below are based on the group average +/- 1 standard deviation.

Small price group typical point range is 1 to 13, median is 5; typical hour range is 0 to 2.4 hrs, median is 0.2 hrs.
Median price group typical point range is 4 to 45, median is 18; typical hour range is 0.2 to 30.4 hrs, median is 1.8 hrs.
Large price group typical point range is 8 to 120, median is 43; typical hour range is 1 to 232 hrs, median is 21 hrs.

What I noticed was that there were differences between the groups; and that there was more variation in time, than price; and more variation in the large wave price group compared to the others.

This may give you some sense of the size variation based on whether a wave is a 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, A, B, or C.