Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
RTB internals
02-17-2011, 03:21 AM
RTB internals
Hey everyone,

A quick question fo you all. (I did look in the forums but couldnt find a topic that covered this so apologies if this has already been discussed)

Are there any rules/guides on the formation of the internals of an RTB wave?
Specifically; what I am seeing quite often is that the 'a' wave of the 'a-b-c' structure within the RTB makes a new high. (or low in bearish trend)

Should this price action be something to look out for, in that after a 3rd wave (within a greater 5th or C) we should first expect the 'a' of the RTB to make a new high followed by the RTB completion and 4C retracement?

This picture gives the bullish example of what I am trying to explain...

.jpg  rtb_internals.JPG (Size: 8.85 KB / Downloads: 96)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-17-2011, 07:26 AM
RE: RTB internals
(02-17-2011 03:21 AM)RayH Wrote:  Hey everyone,

A quick question fo you all. (I did look in the forums but couldnt find a topic that covered this so apologies if this has already been discussed)

Are there any rules/guides on the formation of the internals of an RTB wave?
Specifically; what I am seeing quite often is that the 'a' wave of the 'a-b-c' structure within the RTB makes a new high. (or low in bearish trend)

Should this price action be something to look out for, in that after a 3rd wave (within a greater 5th or C) we should first expect the 'a' of the RTB to make a new high followed by the RTB completion and 4C retracement?

This picture gives the bullish example of what I am trying to explain...

An RTB is a B, hence only has to obey the rules that any wave would have to do given what it is (B) AND the context it occurs in (RTB).

Using your diagram:-

The a can go anywhere it wants - below the iii, level with it or above it.
The b cannot go below the A.
The c has to make a higher High than the higher of the end of the a or the iii.

I am fairly certain this is covered in a thread somewhere but can't remember where.

From a programmer's point of view and using symbols and logic; it's got two roles, one as a B and then as an RTB.

So using the levels on your diagram:-

a anywhere
b>=A [cannot retrace >100% but =100% is allowed]
c>a [ it's a three so cannot fail or truncate at same level]

c>iii [c of RTB where RTB > iii because it must retrend compared to the iii]

c>a AND c>iii must be true.

All IMO, hopefully someone else will find the original stuff.

cheers theory
02-17-2011, 08:25 AM
Hi Theory,

I too prefer mathematical annotation to describe the rules. Makes it a lot easier to read IMHO.

I accept all the rules you described here and I see how they apply to price action since I discovered the NEWR.

But, to give a good example of what I am referring to, the chart in your post #26 here has an 'a' makes a new low (within the bearish 5 wave move)
followed by the RTB.

If this is not something that is common to all RTB waves then that's fair enough. It's just that the RTB's I have seen recently seem to exhibit this structure. I will go away and check out some more historical data! Shy

Thanks
Ray
02-17-2011, 09:29 AM
The a of the RTB doesn't have to stick out beyond the end of the iii but I prefer it when it does.

I think in terms of threes, fives, sevens and nines.

Three is standard ABC.
Five is standard 12345 without the RTB 4th
Seven is possible 123 A RTB C4 5, where the a of the RTB doesn't stick out.
Nine is possible 1 2 3 A a b cRTB 4C 5, where the a of the RTB makes a higher High/lower Low in its own right.

The word possible is there because a nine could be many things.

Plus hoping that waves, their subwaves and their subsubwaves will all be nicely visible on the same time setting is not something I'd rely upon.

cheers theory
02-17-2011, 02:05 PM
(02-17-2011 03:21 AM)RayH Wrote:  Are there any rules/guides on the formation of the internals of an RTB wave?

Theoryman answered correctly. This may be either / or.

It is only dependent upon market sentiment. Remember that the entire
thing is part of a correction. The market is not too happy with how
far the trend has moved in the timespan and profit-taking ensues.

Then those who see the opportunity to rejoin the trend have their say.

Then the C4 comes in and cleans up some or all of the mess before
moving on with the original trend.

All of which can be opportunity for those who understand the NEWR.

Smile

TS Hennessy
02-18-2011, 11:53 AM
It's a harsh lesson each time I think I have RTB completion only to find that it was the internal 'a' of 'a-b-c' and it goes on to new high/low and I get stopped out before the C4 commences.

Luckily I trade for a hobby and not as a means to feed the kids.
Confused