Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
NewB first time help please
10-03-2010, 12:09 PM (This post was last modified: 10-03-2010 12:11 PM by Adolf.)
NewB first time help please
Hi Tom and everyone

Please see the charts herewith. (1H, 4H, 8H)

Do you think this chart can be traded with the NEWR? If so please give me some pointers (waves) to start from.

I do not expect you to do the analysis for me all I am asking is mark some waves for me to get me started, I will then try and do the rest and confirm the correctness with you.

The highest point on the 8 Hour chart is the highest point ever recorded for this pair (USD/ZAR) before that the price was just going higher and higher. So this high meight be a SC 1?

I want to believe that since that high we are in (according to old rules) in a zig-zag ending in a flat. I want to get rid of the zigzags and triagles and follow the new rule as it should be simpler and more predictable as to where one is in the cycle.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards

Adolf

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-05-2010, 07:43 AM
RE: NewB first time help please
(10-03-2010 12:09 PM)Adolf Wrote:  Hi Tom and everyone

Please see the charts herewith. (1H, 4H, 8H)

Do you think this chart can be traded with the NEWR? If so please give me some pointers (waves) to start from.

I do not expect you to do the analysis for me all I am asking is mark some waves for me to get me started, I will then try and do the rest and confirm the correctness with you.

The highest point on the 8 Hour chart is the highest point ever recorded for this pair (USD/ZAR) before that the price was just going higher and higher. So this high meight be a SC 1?

I want to believe that since that high we are in (according to old rules) in a zig-zag ending in a flat. I want to get rid of the zigzags and triagles and follow the new rule as it should be simpler and more predictable as to where one is in the cycle.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards

Adolf
Hi Adolf

Lable the chart how you think it should be then I will do my best to give you any assistance you need.

Take care.
ps Bly jy in Suid Africa.
10-05-2010, 11:56 AM
Thanks Spike, will try.

PS: Ja, ek bly in Suid Afrika
10-05-2010, 12:53 PM
(10-05-2010 11:56 AM)Adolf Wrote:  Thanks Spike, will try.

PS: Ja, ek bly in Suid Afrika

Hey. A fellow South African. Me too bro, Cape Town. Once you get the hang of this its pretty cool and it does help in achieving better wave counts allthough sometimes it can get pretty tricky. I found in the beggining grasping the rule to be quite difficult. What helped me get it really quickly is below. I hope it helps you too.

10-05-2010, 01:21 PM
Thanks again Spike

The picture helps. I've been studying the standard EW for some time now and understand the rules sort of OK I think I understand the New Rule also sort of OK. To me the NEWR really helps to count what we would have called a diagonal triangle in the OEWR. What really gets me is when the market goes sideways, then I am lost in the count. Also like on the charts provided I find it hard to differenciate between the different degrees in the swings. (like is it a subwave or part of the current degree???) Right now it has dropped even further down (and I am in a long possision) My original analysis (according to how I understand the OEWR) was that it may drop down to 7.00 or 6.80 else 6.40 and now we are at 6.86. I thought we completed a fith wave (OEWR and NEWR) but she is still dropping maybe I have my degrees all wrong.

So, bact to decide what do I do with my current possition, as you meight no trading is very expensive in SA and to jump in and out could cost an arm and leg.

BTW, I am from Pretoria.

Regards

Adolf
10-05-2010, 01:46 PM
(10-05-2010 01:21 PM)Adolf Wrote:  Thanks again Spike

The picture helps. I've been studying the standard EW for some time now and understand the rules sort of OK I think I understand the New Rule also sort of OK. To me the NEWR really helps to count what we would have called a diagonal triangle in the OEWR. What really gets me is when the market goes sideways, then I am lost in the count. Also like on the charts provided I find it hard to differenciate between the different degrees in the swings. (like is it a subwave or part of the current degree???) Right now it has dropped even further down (and I am in a long possision) My original analysis (according to how I understand the OEWR) was that it may drop down to 7.00 or 6.80 else 6.40 and now we are at 6.86. I thought we completed a fith wave (OEWR and NEWR) but she is still dropping maybe I have my degrees all wrong.

So, bact to decide what do I do with my current possition, as you meight no trading is very expensive in SA and to jump in and out could cost an arm and leg.

BTW, I am from Pretoria.

Regards

Adolf

Hi Adolf, In my experience if you are not sure then get out or else it could and most probably will cost you the other arm and leg as well. Post a chart with your count on it and lets see what we come up with.

Pretoria cool, I used to stay in Irene many years ago, went to Irene Primary. Place has most probably changed alot since then.

Take care.
10-05-2010, 02:23 PM
Hi Spike, see attached image.

Your input would be much appreciated.

Regards

Adolf

10-05-2010, 02:43 PM
(10-05-2010 02:23 PM)Adolf Wrote:  Hi Spike, see attached image.

Your input would be much appreciated.

Regards

Adolf

Thats as far as I can go Adolf with the timeframe on your chart. I hope it helps.

10-05-2010, 05:10 PM
Thanks Spike
I am studying it.

Herewith is the "bigger picture"

What do you think, will you stick to your count?
What do you think is unfolding here?

thanks

10-06-2010, 06:25 AM
(10-05-2010 05:10 PM)Adolf Wrote:  Thanks Spike
I am studying it.

Herewith is the "bigger picture"

What do you think, will you stick to your count?
What do you think is unfolding here?

thanks

Hi Adolf

Im having a look at it and will post here soon. looks like a tough one.Smile