Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Getting to the Cardinal nitty gritty
09-05-2010, 11:02 PM
Getting to the Cardinal nitty gritty
Hi Tom,

WOW!!
I got your ebook yesterday and thought OK simple, an expanded flat in every 4th subwave of every 5th wave of any degree. Now reading again and looking through the archives especially theoryman's RE: Clearing away the debris, am I getting there? post I am slowly becoming aware of the full implications of this rule.
Motive - Corrective
53535 - 535
and that's it.

No triangles,flats etc but in their place a rather elegant wave counting procedure. I like the feel of this it seems to address every awkward aspect of the normal theory.

But if I'm going to go with this I want to do it properly and not half cocked between the 2 methods. This brings me to the cardinal rule namely the 4th wave cannot penetrate the price range of wave 1. I never could fully understand that one, It's easy to understand how the wave correction cannot exceed the wave its correcting but that gives wave 2 < wave 1, and wave 4 < wave 3. So my stop should now go the the bottom of wave 3 instead of the extreme of wave 1.

The BOTTOM LINE is if I am going to get the most out of this system then I should REPLACE that 4th wave rule with this one and learn the wave counting method.

Does this all make sense or am I drifting off track?

Many Thanks
Peternz
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-06-2010, 12:03 AM
RE: Getting to the Cardinal nitty gritty
(09-05-2010 11:02 PM)peternz Wrote:  Hi Tom,

WOW!!
I got your ebook yesterday and thought OK simple, an expanded flat in every 4th subwave of every 5th wave of any degree. Now reading again and looking through the archives especially theoryman's RE: Clearing away the debris, am I getting there? post I am slowly becoming aware of the full implications of this rule.
Motive - Corrective
53535 - 535
and that's it.

No triangles,flats etc but in their place a rather elegant wave counting procedure. I like the feel of this it seems to address every awkward aspect of the normal theory.

But if I'm going to go with this I want to do it properly and not half cocked between the 2 methods. This brings me to the cardinal rule namely the 4th wave cannot penetrate the price range of wave 1. I never could fully understand that one, It's easy to understand how the wave correction cannot exceed the wave its correcting but that gives wave 2 < wave 1, and wave 4 < wave 3. So my stop should now go the the bottom of wave 3 instead of the extreme of wave 1.

The BOTTOM LINE is if I am going to get the most out of this system then I should REPLACE that 4th wave rule with this one and learn the wave counting method.

Does this all make sense or am I drifting off track?

Many Thanks
Peternz

Hi Peter and welcome aboard from all of us.

I am moderating the forum for a few different days this week for Tom but your question seems described ok and I'll take a shot at answering.

The NEWR debunks the idea that the 4th cannot overlap the price area of the 1st. It does at times but it does not have to. (I knew it!) Idea

So you should be aware of the possibility that the 4th can actually go all the way down into near the start of wave 1. That may be quite a stoploss in some cases. Maybe better to get familiar with the differentiation Tom talks about. That is where a non-RTB 4th is clear and then you get an RTB 4th in the following 5th. This should help regulate your trades a bit better.

3kings

09-06-2010, 01:13 AM
Hi 3kings,

Thanks for the reply, That's great I will substitute this rule in then get some practice and familiarity with the counting procedure. Just 1 other point struck me and that is this, If an RTB ALWAYS occurs in the 4th subwave of a 5th and a C wave then at this time the B wave will ALWAYS pass the origin of the preceding A ie the wave 3 extreme thus providing a GUARANTEED Trading result is this correct?

Holding my breath and hoping
Peternz
09-08-2010, 10:12 AM
(09-06-2010 01:13 AM)peternz Wrote:  Hi 3kings,

Thanks for the reply, That's great I will substitute this rule in then get some practice and familiarity with the counting procedure. Just 1 other point struck me and that is this, If an RTB ALWAYS occurs in the 4th subwave of a 5th and a C wave then at this time the B wave will ALWAYS pass the origin of the preceding A ie the wave 3 extreme thus providing a GUARANTEED Trading result is this correct?

Holding my breath and hoping
Peternz

Yes, assuming your underlying count is correct and you are in fact in a 5th or C wave.