New Elliott Wave Rule Forums
Latest S & P 500 Count - Printable Version

+- New Elliott Wave Rule Forums (http://newelliottwaverule.org/forums)
+-- Forum: New Rule HQ (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Financial Instrument Types (/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: Major Stock Indices (/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+----- Forum: S & P 500 (/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+----- Thread: Latest S & P 500 Count (/showthread.php?tid=72)

RE: Latest S & P 500 Count - bruno.l - 01-11-2012 04:33 AM

Hello To All

Bruno Here

not new to ew but new to this way of counting it

Is there a chart that display Tom's count -- or at least that I can quickly update to display Tom's latest wave count?:

"Well my view is that we have completed Minuette 1 and most of
Minuette 2 of Minute (a) of Minor (B) of Intermediate Circle iv of
Primary Circle 5."

Tom is it still valid from your point of view?

RE: Latest S & P 500 Count - finster869 - 01-11-2012 06:40 AM

(01-11-2012 04:33 AM)bruno.l Wrote:  Hello To All

Bruno Here

not new to ew but new to this way of counting it

Is there a chart that display Tom's count -- or at least that I can quickly update to display Tom's latest wave count?:

"Well my view is that we have completed Minuette 1 and most of
Minuette 2 of Minute (a) of Minor (B) of Intermediate Circle iv of
Primary Circle 5."

Tom is it still valid from your point of view?

That count was blown when 1292 was exceeded yesterday.

RE: Latest S & P 500 Count - bruno.l - 01-11-2012 07:28 AM

thanks Finster-- it would still be very helpful to this newbie to see a picture of the count that was blowned...

RE: Latest S & P 500 Count - amala - 01-11-2012 09:35 AM

(01-11-2012 12:38 AM)Steely Dan Wrote:  After such a time away from the markets I'm not completely up to speed, but here is what I have which I do have some reservations about given the size of waves consistent with a trip below 666. So I offer it in this context.

I like yours much better. I think it fits well. It gets my vote!

BTW, what software do you use? The labels look clean, does it suit itself for the elliot wave labeling?

RE: Latest S & P 500 Count - theoryman - 01-12-2012 05:42 AM

Reverted back to using 24hr data - I prefer the extra info it provides even if there are concerns about whether the out of hours is compatible with market open.

SB data Jan 10th High was 1296.6

From there I have 1 2 3 then a five up before closing.

That five was retrended out of hours by a move down to 1283.7.

Move down looked like a possible C of 4 to me. The 1296.6 has just been breached, so we are now in the final 5th of something IF my interpretation is correct.

Probability rating for it being a C4 is ~ 33%

So, since the five was there during market open, it will appear to be retrended by a gap down on market open charts, so it's still a potential C4.

From that I deduce that there has to be a > or = High compared to the last during market open because that would be the RTB of something.

The problem for market open charts might be what's hidden in today's gap up. IF this is the end of the move up, what part of it is hidden in there?

cheers theory

RE: Latest S & P 500 Count - Steely Dan - 01-12-2012 06:16 AM

(01-11-2012 09:35 AM)amala Wrote:  
(01-11-2012 12:38 AM)Steely Dan Wrote:  After such a time away from the markets I'm not completely up to speed, but here is what I have which I do have some reservations about given the size of waves consistent with a trip below 666. So I offer it in this context.

I like yours much better. I think it fits well. It gets my vote!

BTW, what software do you use? The labels look clean, does it suit itself for the elliot wave labeling?

Hi there, the software I use comes free to use if you have a spreadbetting account with IG Index (Not a plug Tom, hope I can state this). The thing about my count is that it allows for about 70 more points up in theory, I also noticed that if the drop from 2-May to 4-Oct was all wave 1 then wave 2 could have the same potential - if 1300 is breached then I suspect a lot of stops will blow causing a squeeze higher.

P.S Meanwhile the doomsday clock edges closer to midnight.

RE: Latest S & P 500 Count - theoryman - 01-12-2012 10:50 AM

(01-12-2012 05:42 AM)theoryman Wrote:  Reverted back to using 24hr data - I prefer the extra info it provides even if there are concerns about whether the out of hours is compatible with market open.

SB data Jan 10th High was 1296.6

From there I have 1 2 3 then a five up before closing.

That five was retrended out of hours by a move down to 1283.7.

Move down looked like a possible C of 4 to me. The 1296.6 has just been breached, so we are now in the final 5th of something IF my interpretation is correct.

Probability rating for it being a C4 is ~ 33%

So, since the five was there during market open, it will appear to be retrended by a gap down on market open charts, so it's still a potential C4.

From that I deduce that there has to be a > or = High compared to the last during market open because that would be the RTB of something.

The problem for market open charts might be what's hidden in today's gap up. IF this is the end of the move up, what part of it is hidden in there?

cheers theory

Wow, took 3 minutes to happen after making 1301.9 and then dropping to 1293.7 out of hours.

Absolutely over the moon with the possibility outlined above actually happening - and that's all it was, a distinct posibility; the consequences of which could be very rewarding.

The money I have already taken from this will pay for many more of these types of trades and I still have a sizeable chunk left running for free with GSL above the out of hours High.

cheers theory

RE: Latest S & P 500 Count - finster869 - 01-12-2012 10:54 AM

Theory- Does your count have the move up complete, with a trip down below 1074 now the anticipated outcome?

RE: Latest S & P 500 Count - theoryman - 01-12-2012 01:22 PM

(01-12-2012 10:54 AM)finster869 Wrote:  Theory- Does your count have the move up complete, with a trip down below 1074 now the anticipated outcome?

finster,
I'd rather call it an analysis of Price action, that provided an opportunity to trade, at reward:risk 60-1; where the probability of success was rated considerably higher than 1.7%. Blush

I have zoomed in and identified the end of something, yet again. I have a well published previous history of finding the end of RTBs before I finally nail the end of the 5th.

What I have is a viable possibility that the end of that big move is over and 1074 is the target - and that's all it is, a viable possibility.

To my way of thinking it was a no-brainer BUT if it turns out to be wrong, so what?

I'll wait for the next opportunity and take that. Provided I keep getting the smale scale "now" right on a frequent enough basis, I make enough to keep me happy until I hit a biggy.

cheers theory

RE: Latest S & P 500 Count - toastmeister - 01-12-2012 05:46 PM

Hello all, without going into too much detail I could suggest that the S&P impulsed down from 1297.2 today...

I've been counting a C wave ever since Dec 19th 2011 and I could count it pretty much complete.

Interesting if 1297 holds overnight and tomorrow.....

I'll throw up my count when I have more time...

Hello Steely

Toast (Pure Elliotician only 1,2,3,4,5,a,b,c,)