New Elliott Wave Rule Forums
Latest S & P 500 Count - Printable Version

+- New Elliott Wave Rule Forums (http://newelliottwaverule.org/forums)
+-- Forum: New Rule HQ (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Financial Instrument Types (/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: Major Stock Indices (/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+----- Forum: S & P 500 (/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+----- Thread: Latest S & P 500 Count (/showthread.php?tid=72)

RE: Latest S & P 500 Count - ruby - 07-08-2010 11:57 AM

Using the picture in finster's word file, I dropped a few labels on it.

RE: Latest S & P 500 Count - Perry - 07-08-2010 01:27 PM

Hi Tom,
I emailed Elwave and got a quick response that posting my charts was OK, provided I include the notice which they ask for. I will include the notice.

Below is the email response.

Perry
Dear mr. Burkhart,

We appreciate such prudence as shown by the moderator. We do in fact have no problem with your posting charts made with ELWAVE, as long as they do not contain wavecounts, trendlines, projections etc that were generated by ELWAVE and provided that you include a conspicuous note with each and every chart that the wavecount and analysis were done manually and not generated by ELWAVE.
Would you mind telling where you posted?

Kind regards,
Arjan van Gog
--
Prognosis Software Development

RE: Latest S & P 500 Count - TS Hennessy - 07-08-2010 02:09 PM

(07-08-2010 01:27 PM)Perry Wrote:  Hi Tom,
I emailed Elwave and got a quick response that posting my charts was OK, provided I include the notice which they ask for. I will include the notice.

Below is the email response.

Perry
Dear mr. Burkhart,

We appreciate such prudence as shown by the moderator. We do in fact have no problem with your posting charts made with ELWAVE, as long as they do not contain wavecounts, trendlines, projections etc that were generated by ELWAVE and provided that you include a conspicuous note with each and every chart that the wavecount and analysis were done manually and not generated by ELWAVE.
Would you mind telling where you posted?

Kind regards,
Arjan van Gog
--
Prognosis Software Development

Thank You Perry.

That is great. I appreciate it.

Smile

RE: Latest S & P 500 Count - TS Hennessy - 07-08-2010 02:14 PM

(07-08-2010 06:27 AM)ruby Wrote:  "OH BTW - I see new highs due to this being a C with a 5th yet to go"

What do you mean by "this", Tom? The move up from march '09? Or the move down from april?

Both, I guess.

Right, it would be both.

I was originally going to spell it out with a lot of "OF's" in between letters.

I decided it would make less sense that way for some odd reason.

Smile

RE: Latest S & P 500 Count - ruby - 07-08-2010 04:25 PM

The more I look at it, the more I think that you're probably right at ALL degrees. The way I would prefer to count it, the glitch was 3 of C, and everything thereafter was a and b of 4, with © of b still in progress.
As usual, DAX is doing something completely different, something with letters that belong to the kaori alphabet :-)

RE: Latest S & P 500 Count - mathematico - 07-08-2010 06:11 PM

Tom,
so are you long?

RE: Latest S & P 500 Count - ruby - 07-09-2010 09:56 AM

long the Vix maybe :-)

RE: Latest S & P 500 Count - TS Hennessy - 07-09-2010 03:24 PM

(07-08-2010 06:11 PM)mathematico Wrote:  Tom,
so are you long?

I no longer trade the S&P or any other Stock Market related instrument.

I switched over to Forex after several years of stocks and SP Futures.

I use an extremely precise system which favors having the data present.
This means that the pre-market and post-market stuff you get with
stocks and indices is not a factor.

I like my system and am always fascinated by it and making observations.

But today would have been a day to be long - yet what term you may
be looking for is always the issue.

Smile

RE: Latest S & P 500 Count - ruby - 07-09-2010 08:06 PM

I'm devastated - I was so proud of the count I posted above. It's garbage, unfortunately. Indices may differ a bit here and there, but the fact that wave 3 is more than 300 points (sorry, edit: 21,04 points) shorter than 1 on the Dow (it's about 10 points longer on the spx), invalidates the count. Since 5 cannot truncate, it will be far too long. Oh well - glad that I double checked though.

RE: Latest S & P 500 Count - finster869 - 07-10-2010 06:53 AM

I still think we topped at 1220. I have us finishing up v of C of (ii) of (3), which means, if I am right, (iii) of (3) will be starting shortly, which, in theory, would be a devastating wave down. I am not sure if the small black i and ii waves are correct, or whether i should start where I marked iii. If I move i up to where iii is, then we are finishing up b of an rtb 4. I definitely saw 5 waves up where I marked i, but the degree could be off and it could be the first wave of all of i, rather than i itself, since it looks out of proportion to wave iii.

My count is invalidated if we go higher than 1133.

[attachment=167]